I'm such a wuss, but I can barely even type it. Today was the 1st day of 1st grade at a brand new school. It didn't even phase the girls, but I fretted all day today and cried like a baby last night. I am so proud of how they have grown, and the difference from just the beginning of this summer until now is just amazing. They are getting so big and, as I told Grace last night when she asked, "Why are you crying, Mommy??" I said, "Well, you just used to be so little, and now you are so big... it's like, I *grew* you in my tummy and now you're just - so grown up and it's so COOL!!" To which Grace replied, "I'm not THAT grown up." :) Faith made a friend already today, and got good remarks on her homework, and Grace has already earned a pajama party for tomorrow. We're off to a good start! (And I will probably not fret as much tomorrow, either!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope they have a great week!! Can't wait to see everyone this weekend.
Post a Comment