The Girls

The Girls
Grace, Mommy, and Faith

Thursday, May 1, 2008

As she reflects on being so lucky to have a deer-hunting husband...

Last weekend, lucky us, Jimmy finally got his deer head back from the taxidermist. He's been dying for me to get a picture up for all to see. I found a picture of the deer, au natural (i.e. BEFORE stuffing) and here it is. So proud! Honestly, I never thought I would admit it, but it is kindof pretty. After you get over the whole 'killing-something-for-sport' thing. I don't know about putting it in the living room or anything, but maybe the... well... hallway?? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hallway huh? Oh, L-U-C-K-Y you! You can always name it and put it in the living room. Not sure how wide your hallway is but he could be a little up close and personal on the way to the bathroom :-)

Gretchen said...

I'm afraid to put it in the living room, for fear that we will come home some afternoon and the cats will have figured out a way to leap from the back of the couch onto the deer head and then... i'll have a living room with a stuffed deer head, flanked by two stuffed cat heads :)